Our VIRTUE: Honesty™ 14" x 5" Zebrawood Snare Drum features a Purely-Resonant™ 1/2" solid stave shell and thick, roundover edges for tone that embraces the timbre of this dense African hardwood. Custom, hand-shaped snare beds are designed to yield a versatile instrument and deliver articulate snare response.
A hand-rubbed satin finish reveals beautiful grain patterns combined with contrasting black nickel hardware, including ten decorative tube lugs, diecast rims, and dual-adjustable strainer & butt plate to allow for perfect centering of the Fat Cat dual-adjustable snare wires, and top-quality stainless steel internal mounting screws. Nylon shoulder washers facilitate smooth, accurate tuning and prevent tension rod rattle at lower tensions, while high-quality drumheads by Evans deliver professional results straight away.
Zebrawood (Microberlinia Brazzavillensis)
Janka Hardness Rating: 1,830 lbf
Origins: West Africa
Sustainability: Not listed in the CITES Appendices, but is on the IUCN Red List due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range.
VIRTUE: Honesty™ 14"x5" Zebrawood Stave Snare Drum w/Diecast Rims
- 14" x 5" Zebrawood Snare Drum
- Purely-Resonant™ 1/2" Stave Shell
- Ten (10) Decorative Brass Tube Lugs
- Diecast Rims on Top & Bottom
- Dual-Adjustable Throw-Off & Butt Plate
- Fat Cat Dual-Adjustable 18-Strand Snare Wires
- Nylon Shoulder Washers on Tension Rods
- Evans Power Center Reverse Dot Batter Head
- Evans Snare Side 300 Resonant Head
- Hand-Rubbed Satin Finish
- Black Nickel Hardware