Our VIRTUE: Honesty™ Tigerwood 14" x 5" Snare Drum features a Purely-Resonant™ 3/8" solid stave construction with an asymmetrical roundover top edge. This drum is superbly sensitive, easy to tune, and speaks beautifully with additional bite & resonance when compared to less dense tonewoods. Custom, hand-shaped snare beds are designed to yield a versatile instrument and deliver articulate snare response.
A hand-rubbed satin finish reveals the beautiful timber combined with classic hardware, including ten chrome-over-brass tube lugs, Trick 3-position throw-off, and 2.3mm rims. Additional features include Fat Cat snare wires, and top-quality stainless steel internal mounting screws. Nylon shoulder washers facilitate smooth, accurate tuning and prevent tension rod rattle at lower tensions while high-quality drumheads by Evans to deliver professional results straight away.
Tigerwood (Goncalo Alves)
Janka Hardnesss Rating: 2,170 lbf
Origins: Grows in Mexico southward to Brazil
Sustainability: Not listed in the CITES Appendices or IUCN Red List of threatened species.
VIRTUE: Honesty™ 14"x5" Tigerwood Snare Drum
- 14" x 5" Tigerwood Snare Drum
- Purely-Resonant™ 3/8" Stave Shell
- Ten (10) Chrome-Over-Brass Tube Lugs
- 2.3mm Steel Rims on Top & Bottom
- Trick GS-007MS Multistep Throw-Off
- Fat Cat 20-Strand Snare Wires
- Nylon Shoulder Washers on Tension Rods
- Evans Power Center Reverse Dot Batter Head
- Evans Snare Side 300 Resonant Head
- Hand-Rubbed Satin Finish
- Chrome Hardware