This VIRTUE: Humility™ 14" x 5" Rosewood-Maple Snare Drum features a 10-ply shell with an asymmetrical round-over top edge for balance of great projection and warmth. Custom, hand-shaped snare beds are designed to yield a versatile instrument and deliver articulate snare response. A hand-rubbed satin finish embraces the naturally beautiful figuring of Santos Rosewood.
Hardware includes ten decorative chrome-over-brass tube lugs, Trick 3-position throw-off, Fat Cat high performance snare wires, S-Hoop™ rims, and top-quality stainless steel internal mounting screws. Nylon shoulder washers facilitate smooth, accurate tuning and prevent tension rod rattle at lower tensions, while high-quality drumheads by Evans deliver professional results straight away.
Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum)
Janka Hardnesss Rating: 1,450 lbf
Origin: Michigan (USA)
Sustainability: Not listed in the CITES Appendices or IUCN Red List of threatened species.
Santos Rosewood (Machaerium scleroxylon)
Janka Hardnesss Rating: 1,960 lbf
Sustainability: This species is not listed in the CITES Appendices, and many of the species within the Machaerium genus are reported by the IUCN as being of the least concern .
VIRTUE: Humility™ 14"x5" Santos Rosewood-Maple 10-Ply Snare Drum
- 14" x 5" Rosewood-Maple Shell
- 10-Ply Shell (6.9mm, 1x Rosewood, 9x Maple)
- Ten (10) Decorative Tube Lugs
- Trick GS-007MS Multistep 3-Position Throw-Off
- Fat Cat High Performance 20-Strand Snare Wires
- S-Hoop Rims on Top & Bottom
- Nylon Shoulder Washers on Tension Rods
- Evans Power Center Reverse Dot Batter Head
- Evans Snare Side 300 Resonant Head
- Hand-Rubbed Natural Satin Finish
- Chrome Hardware