Our VIRTUE: Humility™ 14" x 5" Mahogany-Poplar Snare Drum features a Vintage 3-ply shell with an asymmetrical round-over top edge for our twist on old school warmth and character. Custom, hand-shaped snare beds are designed to yield a versatile instrument and deliver articulate snare response. A hand-rubbed satin finish enhances the naturally beautiful ribboning of the African Mahogany.
The vintage look is reinforced with classic hardware, including ten chrome-over-brass tube lugs, Trick 3-position throw-off, Fat Cat high performance snare wires, 4mm straight hoops with claw hooks, and top-quality stainless steel internal mounting screws. Nylon washers facilitate smooth, accurate tuning while high-quality drumheads by Evans deliver professional results straight away.
African Mahogany (Khaya spp.)
Janka Hardness Rating: 1,070 lbf
Origins: West Tropical Africa
Sustainability: Not listed in the CITES Appendices, but is on the IUCN Red List due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range and exploitation.
Poplar (Liriodendron Tulipifera)
Janka Hardness Rating: 540 lbf
Origins: Eastern United States
Sustainability: Not listed in the CITES Appendices or on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
VIRTUE: Humility™ 14"x5" Vintage 3-Ply Mahogany-Poplar Snare Drum
- 14" x 5" African Mahogany-Poplar Snare Drum
- 3-Ply Shell (1/8" Poplar w/ 1/16" Mahogany Inner/Outer)
- Ten (10) Chrome-Over-Brass Tube Lugs
- Trick GS-007MS Multistep 3-Position Throw-Off
- Fat Cat High Performance 20-Strand Snare Wires
- Thick 4mm No-Flange Steel Hoops with Claw Hooks
- Nylon Shoulder Washers on Tension Rods
- Evans Power Center Reverse Dot Batter Head
- Evans Snare Side 300 Resonant Head
- Hand-Rubbed Natural Satin Finish
- Chrome Hardware